‘Tis the season to celebrate, and there is no better way to do that than with a Christmas party. Since the hardest part can often be where to start, we here at DefinitiveDeals are here to present you with 10 theme party ideas to help you get into the spirit and spread that holiday cheer…
Whether it’s for your friends, family members, co-workers or the entire neighborhood, there is no shortage of ideas out there to help you plan an enjoyable shindig. So go ahead, trim the tree, deck the halls, send out the invitations and spend a few hours with those around you.
So what kind of party can you throw? Here are a few ideas:
- Traditional: Some things don’t need to be extravagant to be great. Just stick to something simple and traditional. Add a tree, bring some holiday-inspired food and desserts, maybe a few drinks and just enjoy. After all, the simplest things are sometimes the best.
- White Christmas/Winter Wonderland: Many of us dream of a White Christmas, and now you can bring that to your party. Decorate in all white (silver also compliments), have everyone dress in white, you can even throw in a white elephant gift exchange (can be incorporated into every party).
- Ugly Sweater: You all remember those ridiculous, itchy, tacky and for lack of a better term, ugly sweaters your aunt or grandmother would knit and send it to you, and then of course you have to wear it. Now what used to be a dreaded part of the holidays has become one of the hottest party themes of the season. Try to find the ugliest one you can find out of your closet, or if you were (un)fortunate to never have one, up the local thrift store. Of course, don’t forget to take pictures.
- At The Movies: From Christmas Vacation to A Christmas Story to a classic like It’s a Wonderful Life, we all have our favorites we look forward to watching each year. This time, build a party around that. Host a marathon viewing party, and you really want to go the extra mile, find or make decorations based on what you’ll be watching. After all, what’s more festive than a leg lamp or a Charlie Brown tree?
- July Around Christmas: Celebrating in July is nothing new, so now that it’s December, switch that mentality and have a summer-themed party. Find some tropical decorations, serve summer-appropriate food and drinks, or have everyone dress up in their best beach-inspired apparel. If you can manage to reserve a spot around a pool, that could make it even better.
- Masquerade: Blending the right mix of elegance, extravagance and even a little mystery, the masquerade could be the right theme for you. Dress in formal attire, serve hors d’oeuvres and champagne (or sparkling cider for those who don’t drink), and of course, don a mask. As for entertainment, book a string quartet or a small orchestra. Also, be sure to decorate in plenty of reds, greens, purples or golds to set the ambiance.
- Party Abroad: Who says parties have to be restricted to houses or offices. Consider taking everyone out somewhere. Reserve a banquet hall or a place at a restaurant, go to a comedy show or a sporting event, or organize a costume pub crawl.
- Karaoke Night: What a bright time, it’s the right time to rock the night away and belt out some of your favorites. Find someone with a karaoke machine and load it up with some of your holiday favorites.
- Around The World: There are many different ways to celebrate Christmas around the world. Rather than just pick one, incorporate a little bit of everything for your party. Research other traditions, decorate accordingly, serve food and drinks based on your chosen cultures, and party away.
- Happy Holidays Party: Don’t you know? There are many different holidays to celebrate throughout the month of December. Much like the aforementioned “around the world” theme, why settle on just one? Incorporate decorations and cuisine for all of them, including Christmas, Chanukah, Kwanzaa and more. Everyone can feel included, and you might learn something new about different cultures.
Do you have an idea you want to share? How do you prefer to celebrate? Leave us a comment below and keep this discussion going.
A Few Coupons To Help Get You Started:
-Celebrate Express | $5 Off $25+ Orders (ongoing)