The Holiday shopping season is here, with many people hitting up the stores and the malls to take advantage of of the deals going on during one of the biggest shopping weekends of the year. Since it’s a little late to be talking about Black Friday, we’re going to talk about Cyber Monday, and giving you tips on how to find the best deals on what you want, without ever having to leave your computer…
Though still a relatively new concept, Cyber Monday occurs the first Monday after Thanksgiving, and has become one of the biggest online shopping days of the year. Now in 2013, it’s more popular than ever for its convenience, its ease, and of course, on being able to find the best deals on the gifts you’re looking for.
So how can you find said deals? Here are a few ways:
- Newsletters and Mailing Lists: We offer one, and many stores have one as well, and one of the biggest reasons people keep signing up for them is to learn about what’s on sale and what the current deal is. Whether it’s every day or every week, newsletters can alert you when anything is going on, as well as let you know about new product arrivals and the latest news. Plus, some will even send exclusive coupon codes to anyone who signs up. (also see: social media pages).
- Rewards Programs: Consider signing up for any place that has a program like this, especially if it’s somewhere you’ll keep going to after the holiday season. Many stores will give you exclusive discounts and more as a means to “reward” you for shopping with them.
- Free Shipping Promotions: It happens more than we’d like to admit. You know, when you find something you want but then you get nailed on shipping charges. Luckily, some places will offer to ship your order to you for free. Pay attention what their shipping costs are, or if they have any promotions that will erase this expense altogether. You can also check coupon websites to find a code that can do the same thing (see tip #6)
- Compare and Contrast: Many places will say they have the best deals, but sometimes it’s up to you to determine if that’s correct or not. There are plenty of website that will compile the best deals on the items you want, and will link you to said stores. In addition to this, check which places have a “lowest price” or a “price match” guarantee.
- Mobile Apps: We’re in a digital age, and that being said, most companies have taken to creating a mobile app that can connect you with the stores you love whenever and wherever. Downloading their app can help alert you when a new sale goes on or when the price drops for something, keeping you informed during all parts of the day (also see: SMS text alerts).
- Coupon Websites: Of course we have to mention this one. On Black Friday, people scour the papers to find coupons they can use at the store. Coupon websites can help you get the same great deals from your favorite stores, but without the scissors and the mess of papers everywhere. Just find the store you like, copy and paste the promo code at checkout, and you’re good to go. Nothing could be easier than that.
Will you be shopping this Cyber Monday? Do you have any tips you’d like to share? How do you prefer to shop around holidays? Let us know by leaving a comment below.
A Few Coupons To Help Get You Started:
-Sears | $5 Off $50+ Orders (exp 1/31)
-Gifts For You Now | 15% Off Your Order (ongoing)
-Last Call | $10 Off $50+ Orders (ongoing)